Get some satisfaction with a four-part Epix docuseries profiling the legendary rockers of The Rolling Stones. Hosts and people unite and face off in an existential battle within the penultimate episode of HBO’s Westworld. The Starz historic drama Turning into Elizabeth airs its season finale. A nature collection follows every of the 4 seasons throughout a Wild 12 months in Africa.
My Life as a Rolling Stone
SUNDAY: Few rock bands of the Sixties loomed bigger than The Rolling Stones, and their colorfully larger-than-life careers are examined in a four-part docuseries, every episode specializing in a single Stone. First up, naturally, is outrageous frontman Mick Jagger, seen in interviews and uncommon footage. (The episode is offered without spending a dime for 90 days on most carriers.) Band members Keith Richards, Ronnie Wooden, and the late Charlie Watts are profiled on successive Sundays all through the month.
SUNDAY: The gloves are off because the existential battle heats up within the visionary fantasy collection’ next-to-last episode of the fourth season. A reunited Bernard (Jeffrey Wright) and Maeve (Thandiwe Newton) are main the cost among the many rebellious human-like “hosts,” whereas only a few people who’ve been left unscathed by Charlotte Hale’s (Tessa Thompson) parasites be a part of the battle. And what of Christina — previously Dolores (Evan Rachel Wooden) — who’s simply discovered she’s not who she thought she was? She was MIA final week, however is prone to have a task to play in figuring out the way forward for humanity and its table-turning clones. “Do you perceive the place all that is going?” a personality asks early on. The reply for many of us is a powerful no, however it’s nonetheless fascinating to look at.
Turning into Elizabeth
SUNDAY: Within the historic drama’s Season 1 finale, younger King Edward VI (Oliver Zetterström) falls sick, and the court docket is on pins and needles worrying about succession. If he doesn’t get well, which of the sisters will take the throne: Elizabeth (Alicia von Rittberg) or Mary (Romola Garai)?
Africa’s Wild 12 months
SATURDAY: Immerse your self in nature over the course of a yr, as every season brings new wonders and challenges to Africa’s wildlife in a four-part docuseries spanning 12 months on the continent. The journey begins in spring, a time of rebirth and studying for a various new technology of African animals.
Inside Weekend TV:
- Purple Election (Saturday, 7/6c, Ovation TV): A ten-part Nordic spy thriller groups a Danish secret service agent (Victoria Carmen Sonne) and a British spy (Lydia Leonard) as they try and thwart a terrorist plot towards the British Prime Minister.
- Lone Star Regulation (Saturday, 8/7c, Discovery): A brand new season on the job with Texas sport wardens opens with back-to-back episodes.
- Love within the Limelight (Saturday, 8/7c, Hallmark Channel): Carlos PenaVega (Massive Time Rush) wrote six new songs for this musical romance, kicking off Hallmark’s “Fall into Love” film collection, a couple of former boy-band heartthrob’s relationship together with his largest fan (Carlos’ real-life spouse Alexa PenaVega).
- Collector’s Name (Sunday, 6:30/5:30c, MeTV): As somebody who held onto his Flintstones jelly-jar glasses for many years, I’m intrigued to view the Flintstones assortment of Dave Nimitz, together with a luxurious doll that was a present from animator Joseph Barbera.
- Who Do You Assume You Are? (Sunday, 7/6c, NBC): Emmy-winning actor Bradley Whitford (The West Wing, The Handmaid’s Story) traces his roots to the Civil Warfare period to study if his second-great-grandfather and his siblings survived fight.
- Anderson Cooper 360° Particular Report: What Actually Occurred in Uvalde? (Sunday, 8/7c, CNN): Cooper is joined by CNN crime and justice correspondent Shimon Prokupecz for an investigation into the controversial police response to the Could bloodbath at Robb Elementary College that claimed 19 youngsters and two adults.
- Menendez Brothers: Misjudged? (Sunday, 9/8c, Investigation Discovery and discovery+): A two-hour documentary revisits the 1996 homicide trial of Erik and Lyle Menendez, convicted of killing their dad and mom. They’ve turn out to be newly notorious on TikTok, inflicting a brand new technology to query whether or not justice was actually served.